Porsche Taycan awarded World Luxury Car and World Performance Car of the Year
The all-electric Porsche Taycan has won two awards at the World Car of the Year Awards 2020: World Luxury Car and World Performance Car of the Year. In the World Performance category, the Taycan beat two other Porsche models, the 911 and 718 Spyder/Cayman GT4.
Eighty-six international motoring journalists voted and assessed over 50 new cars to reach their verdicts in the World Car of the Year Awards. The winners were announced during the live online conference by the WCOTY organisation.
Since its launch in 2019, the Taycan has won over 40 international awards and prizes. These include:
• Car of the Year: Top Gear magazine (UK)
• Game Changer of the Year: Top Gear magazine (UK)
• The China Green Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY) jury
• German Car of the Year: German Car of the Year (GCOTY) jury
The Porsche Taycan was also awarded the innovation prize from Connect magazine (Germany).
Another award winner for Porsche was the 911. It was a two-time winner in auto, motor und sport magazine (Germany) readers’ choice for Best Cars – once as a Coupé, once as a Cabriolet – and also the following awards:
• Auto Trophy: readers’ choice of the Auto Zeitung magazine (Germany)
• Best Performance Car of the Year: Auto Express magazine (UK)
• Best Driver’s Car: Motor Trend magazine (USA)
• The China Performance Car of the Year: Chinese Car of the Year (CCOTY) jury
Looking for a Porsche? Browse over 1200 pre-owned Porsche cars here and find your dream car today.