Special rewards for F1 fan members of new travel programme, Marriot Bonvoy
Marriot International is expanding its marketing partnership with Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport in concert with Marriot’s newly renamed travel programme, Marriot Bonvoy which replaced Marriot Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG).
Marriot Bonvoy members will receive special access to the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport team’s drivers, including five-time FIA Formula One World Champion Lewis Hamilton as part of Bonvoy Moments.
Some are “money-can’t-buy” experiences which can only be accessed by bidding with Marriot Bonvoy points are:
- Spending the night on the exclusive Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport luxury yacht during the Monaco Grand Prix and enjoying full hospitality during race weekend.
- Being chauffeured by Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas to the circuit on race day.
- Being driven around the track in a high-performance Mercedes-AMG car by a professional driver during race weekend.
- Learning the ropes from the experts themselves in the Pit Stop Challenge.
Marriot Bonvoy Moments in Asia Pacific
- During Australian Grand Prix week Marriott Bonvoy members will have access to unforgettable, money-can’t-buy Marriott Bonvoy Moments packages, which include jaw-dropping helicopter flights Marriott Bonvoy members will have access to unforgettable, money-can’t-buy Marriott Bonvoy Moments packages, which include jaw-dropping helicopter flights over Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Pit Lane walks, exhilarating hot laps of the circuit, transfers and invitations to the official launch party – Glamour on the Grid. Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit, Pit Lane walks, exhilarating hot laps of the circuit, transfers and invitations to the official launch party – Glamour on the Grid.
- For the F1 China Grand Prix from 12-14 April, Marriott Bonvoy members will get a chance to bid on exclusive Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport hospitality packages, or go behind the scenes for access to celebrities. Additional exclusive members experience includes a meet and greet with Lewis Hamilton where fans can enjoy a race-themed evening with the race genius.
These Marriot Bonvoy Moments will be in addition to other member experiences including behind the scenes access with the team over Grands Prix weekends for the ultimate fan selfie, where drivers, media and celebrities hang out, visits to the team garage and prime viewing venues and other experiences at races throughout the season.
The newly extended marketing partnership between Marriot International and Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport is for seven years. Marriott Bonvoy will become the racing team’s “Official Hotel Loyalty Program,” while The Ritz-Carlton, one of Marriott’s luxury brands, will become the team’s first ever “Official Hotel Partner.”
Logos for Marriott Bonvoy and The Ritz-Carlton will appear on the racing suits of the drivers Hamilton and Bottas, whilst Marriott Bonvoy will be the team’s first partner brand on the car’s halo. The Ritz-Carlton will provide service to the team’s premium at-track VIP hospitality space, the Silver Arrows Lounge, which will be called The Ritz-Carlton Silver Arrows Lounge in select markets.
Marriott Bonvoy and The Ritz-Carlton brand will also bring the partnership to guests through social media, in-room TV and Marriott Bonvoy Traveler – the company’s digital magazine.