Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric is Volvo’s first solely EV variant
The Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric is Volvo’s first electric-only model. The all-wheel drive SUV is now available from RM288,888. The Volvo C40 brings Volvo Car’s global vision of a fully electric line-up by 2030, and becoming a climate-neutral company by 2040, one step closer. The C40 is assembled in Shah Alam alongside the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric which is built on the same architecture.
The SUV powertrain produces 408bhp and 660Nm of torque and goes from 0 to 100km/h in 4.7 seconds. The 78 kWh lithium-ion battery has a range of around 450km (WLTP) on a single charge. It can also charge up to 80% in 28 minutes.
Features as standard include 19-inch alloy wheels, Android-powered infotainment system with nine-inch portrait integrated colour touchscreen, 14-speaker (600W output) Harman Kardon sound system.
Comfort features include
- adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist
- Pilot Assist – Driver Assist System
- Park Assist with 360º camera
- power adjustable driver seat
- power adjustable front passenger seat
- Memory for driver seat including exterior mirrors
- four-way adjustable lumbar support
Safety features in the C40 include
- City Safety with Collision Avoidance & Mitigation with Intersection Support and Pedestrian, Cyclist & Large Animal Detection with Steering Support and Braking
- Front & Rear Collision Warning & Mitigation Support
- Lane Keeping Aid (LKA)
- Run-Off Road Mitigation
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Steer Assist
- Cross Traffic Alert (CTA) with Auto Brake
- Seat Belt Detection with graphical indicator for all seats
- Ready to Drive notification
- Emergency Stop Assist
- Run-Off Road Protection
- Dual Stage Driver & Front Passenger Airbags
- Driver’s side knee Airbag
- Side Impact Protection System (SIPS) with Dual Chamber SIPS Airbags
- Full-length Inflatable Curtains
- Whiplash Protection System (WHIPS) for Front Seats
The Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric is RM288,888*** on the road and comes with:
- 5 years of vehicle warranty
- 8 years of battery warranty or 160,000km (whichever comes first)
- 5 years of Volvo on Call (Roadside Assistance)
- 5 years Volvo Service Included (VSI) or up to 100,000km (whichever comes first)
- 4 years Digital Service
- A charging cable
Five colours are available: Crystal White, Black Stone, Silver Dawn, Sage Green and Fjord Blue.
Volvo Car Malaysia has also launched its ‘Online Sales’ platform, the company’s first ever initiative to sell cars directly to its customers in Malaysia. The Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric will be available via an e-commerce platform that would enable customers to make bookings and payments directly to Volvo Car Malaysia on the company’s official website www.volvocars.com/my, starting 8pm today. The ‘Online Sales’ platform will be instrumental in assisting the company’s nation-wide retailers in delivering an outstanding Swedish luxury experience to all the customers.
Online booking at for the Volvo C40 Recharge Pure Electric opens 14 December from 8pm onwards. The car is at all authorised Volvo dealers from 15 December 2022 onwards.