All-new Mazda MX-30 now officially available in Malaysia
The Mazda MX-30 has launched in Malaysia. Mazda’s first battery-electric vehicle, the MX-30 is offered in two spec-levels, the MX-30 EV Mid and MX-30 EV High, starting from RM198,780
Ten facts about the MX-30 and its powertrain:
- It has an electric motor and 35.5kWh lithium-ion battery
- The output is 143bhp and a maximum torque of 271Nm
- It has a driving range of 199km
- It is front-wheel drive
- It comes with AC and DC chargers.
- The battery takes 36 minutes to charge up to 80 per cent using the 40kW DC fast charger
- An indicator built into the charging port that shows the charging status of the vehicle
- The charging port is at the rear
- A refrigerant cooling system cools and protects the battery pack from overheating
- This cooling system works in tandem with the air-conditioning for energy efficiency
Both variants of the MX-30 comes with the following i-Activsense Advanced Safety Technology features:
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Driver Attention Alert (DAA) with Driver Monitoring
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS)
- In addition, the Mazda MX-30 High variant gets
- Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH)
- Front Cross Traffic Alert (FCTA)
- Cruising and Traffic Support (CTS)
In the MX-30, G-Vectoring Control (GVC) has evolved into e-GVC Plus. The electric motor is able to react and mitigate any front-rear load shift while driving, under an even wider range of handling scenarios, more rapidly than a combustion engine. e-GVC Plus uses this to achieve smooth and seamless transitions between longitudinal, latitudinal and vertical G-forces for better handling.
The centre console features an electronic shifter with multi-function commander knob and shortcut buttons for the 8.8-inch Mazda Connect Infotainment system. The Mazda MX-30 has a 360º view monitor. The fabric and leatherette driver’s seat equipped with 8-way power, 2-way lumbar adjustments and 2-position memory function. There is also a 12-speaker Bose sound system with Mazda Harmonic Acoustics audio system.
The interior has sustainable, renewable materials. There is cork on the floating centre console and the door grips. The door trim uses fibres that are made from recycled plastic bottles.
The Mazda MX-30 is available in five colours, Polymetal Gray, Machine Grey, Soul Red Crystal, jet Black Mica and Zircon Sand with contrasting colour combinations as follows:
- Soul Red Crystal with black roof
- Jet Black Mica with silver roof pillar
- Zircon Sand with black roof
The 2022 Mazda MX-30 is CBU from Japan. The selling price starts from RM 198,780.00.
The Mazda MX-30 comes with a 5 years manufacturer warranty (or first 100,000km), whichever comes first. In addition, the EV battery warranty coverage is up to 8 years or 160,000km, whichever comes first.