GoCar GoVax free shuttle service for seniors and persons with disabilities living in Petaling district
GoCar has launched GoVax in support of the Covid-19 vaccination programme. The campaign provides:
- free shuttle service for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities living in Petaling district going for their vaccinations at Hospital Shah Alam, Klinik Rakan Medik Petaling Jaya and the Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre
- free first three hours for GoCar members in Klang Valley and Penang.
GoVax free shuttle service for senior citizens and PWDs
The free shuttle service is for senior citizens aged 60 years and above and persons with disabilities, resident in the Petaling district, who do not own private transportation or have difficulties accessing public transportation. Those with mobility challenges must be accompanied by someone who has experience managing these challenges, ie, a caregiver, a friend or a family member.
To book the free GoVax shuttle service:
- Step 1: Ensure that the vaccination appointment has been confirmed by the government. Notifications will be provided via the MySejahtera app and SMS
- Step 2: Contact the GoVax taskforce at least three days before the scheduled vaccination appointment by calling the 24/7 hotline 1 300-30-2633. Slots are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Your name, IC number, mobile phone number and address are required for verification and coordination
- Step 3: Someone from the GoVax taskforce will be in touch to confirm your free shuttle pickup time, based on available slots
- Step 4: Be ready half an hour before your scheduled pickup time with your I.C. and mobile phone and proof of your vaccination appointment
- Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 for your second vaccination appointment
Those who already had their first vaccination shot are also eligible for the GoVax free shuttle for their second shot. All they need to do is, follow steps 1-4 to book the service and keep in mind that slots are limited.
The GoVax shuttle service will be available from now until 31 August 2021.
The drivers for the free shuttle service are GoCar employees who have volunteered their time. The GoVax free shuttle service is a collaboration between GoCar and Kampung Tunku ADUN YB Lim Yi Wei to help all senior homes, senior citizens and persons with disabilities within the Petaling district get their Covid-19 vaccinations. Petaling district includes Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya, parts of Shah Alam and Kota Damansara. The aged population in Petaling Jaya itself is estimated to be about 10 per cent.
Three hours free use for Klang Valley and Penang residents
GoCar is offering a free and safe alternative to conventional public transport for residents in Klang Valley, the markets where GoCar operates.
GoCar members get the first three hours free for round-trip bookings of passenger cars between 11 May and 31 July 2021 with a minimum of seven hours advance booking. GoCar members should enter the “GOVAX” promo code in the “Apply Promo Code” section via the GoCar mobile app before checking out.
Those who do not have GoCar membership must first sign up by downloading the GoCar mobile app. A one-time non-refundable RM20 membership fee will be collected on the first booking.
Membership is open to anyone between 18 and 75 years old with a valid:
• P License / Full License / International Driving Permit
• Credit / Debit Card
• Malaysian / Singaporean / Indonesian phone number
All GoCar vehicles undergo contact point sanitisation daily, including wiping down of all common touch areas.
In addition, common touch areas like the door handles on vehicles used for the GoVax shuttle service will be wiped down after every trip before the next passenger gets on board.
To find out more about GoCar and the GoVax CSR programme, go to the website or download the GoCar mobile app.