Mercedes-Benz Malaysia announces recording-breaking numbers for sales and service for the first half of the year
Holding fast to the mantle of No. 1 Premium Brand in Malaysia with 2.5% marketshare, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia breached previous “best-ever” figures for the first half of the year with 6,790 units delivered to its customers in the first half of 2018. This is a 15% growth versus the first half of 2017.
Of the cars sold, 996 were A-, B-, CLA-, GLA-Class compact cars (up 20% from the previous year), 4322 were locally-produced C-, E- and S-Class saloons (a sales increase of 18% on the previous year) and 1291 were SUVs (a 4% growth compared to 1H2017). Dream cars made up 181 units, 1% more than in the first half of 2017.
Other highlights announced were:
- the expansion of the showroom network to 34 autohauses run by nine local dealer groups
- the launch of new Mercedes-Benz Financial packages
- a RM3billion Corporate Bond Programme by Mercedes-Benz Services Malaysia to expand funding sources for financing new cars, with AAA rating by RAM
- the launch of mobility packages that encompass financing, service and maintenance and insurance
- the graduation of a total of 827 apprentices from the Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Training Academy
- 71,650 vehicles were serviced in the first half of 2018, 16% more cars than over the same period in 2017
- extended limited warranty from the fourth year to sixth years on all new Mercedes-Benz cars