Petron has officially launched new line of HTP automotive engine oils

Mr Gary Cheah, Mr Choong Kum Choy and En Mohd Pauzi Mohd Din launch gambit during the Petron Malaysia HTP Engine Oil launch

Petron Malaysia has launched new line of Petron High-Temperature Protection automotive engine oils and specialty lubricant products.

Petron Malayais today has officially launched the Petron High-Temperature Protection (HTP) line of automotive engine oils and specialty lubricant products. The launch saw the debut of the Petron Blaze Racing HTP for petrol and the Petron Rev-X Turbo HTP for diesel internal combustion engine.

The fully-synthetic engine oils consists of 80% polyalphaolefin (PAO) as its base, while the other 20% are additives. Petron Malaysia says in its press release that the new engine oil is better than conventional based oils while able to handle the high engine stresses and offer longevity especially for high-performance oriented engines. The new engine oil has been lab tested and received certification by Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

“Petron Blaze Racing RAcing HTP uses polyalphaolefin (PAO) as its base oil, resulting in better oxidation ans thermal resistance than conventional base oils, resulting in better oxidation and thermal resistance than conventional base oils and an advanced additive system to meet the most severe and stringent requirements of high performance gasoline engines. The product is designated to protect the engines against wear and corrosion for longer engine life and has approved and certified to specifications of API SN, MB Approval 229.5, MB Approval 229.2, and Porsche A40

Petron Blaze Racing HTP engine oil

Likewise, the fully-synthetic Petron Rev-X Turbo HTP diesel engine oil is also formulated with the same base oil and additives for thermal stability and oxidation resistance, while preventing piston soot and deposit build-up. The diesel engine oil has received approval from MAN, Cummins, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo and Mack Trucks.

“On the other hand, the fully synthetic Petron Rev-X Turbo HTP is highly reccomended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged or superchaged high performance heavy-duty diesel engines. Also formulated with PAO, the diesel engine oil provided extended engine protection due to its outstanding oxidation and thermal stability while preventing soot and piston deposits for superior engine cleanliness and efficiency. Petron Rev-X Turbo HTP is approved and licensed according to the specifications of API CJ-4/SN, MAN 3575, Cummins CES 20081, MB Approval 228.32, Volvo VDS-4, and Mack EO-O Premium Plus.”

The new engine oils has been developed in the Philippines while the PAO and additives are mixed, bottled and shipped from Singapore.

The Petron HTP line of lubricants includes Gear Oil GHTP, Brake fluid HTP and Grease HTP. Prices of the new product line up as follows:

Product Pen. Malaysia (RM) East Malaysia (RM)
Blaze Racing HTP 0W-40 (4L) 265.00 267.00
Rev-X Turbo HTP 5W-40 (4L) 210.00 212.00
Petron ATF Premium HTP (1L) 37.60 38.60
Petron Brake Fluid HTP (0.25L) 10.90 11.90
Petron Grease HTP (0.5kg) 23.70 24.70

The full Petron HTP range is available at selected Petron service stations nationwide, Shopee online store, Petron Authorised Distributors and workshops.