Most compact, foldable drone, DJI Mavic Mini is now available for pre-orders
DJI has launched their lightest and smallest foldable drone, the DJI Mavic Mini. The ultra-light folding drone weighs just 249grams and is designed to be the everyday FlyCam. The palm-sized drone is based on DJI’s past series of folding Mavic drones, the original Mavic Pro through to the Mavic Air and Mavic 2, packing their professional-quality drone features into the lightest possible frame. Due to its compact dimensions, the Mavic Mini is exempt from regulations that apply to other, heavier drones.
The Mavic Mini has a high-grade camera capable of capturing high-definition footage. The new DJI Fly app transforms photos and videos into professional-quality productions. The Mavic Mini promises stable flight performance with one of the longest flight times for a drone of its size. Accessories include a DIY Creative Kit and 360º Propeller Guard for added safety.
The drone’s safety technology includes geofencing to help avoid restricted areas, Aeroscope remote identification to help protect sensitive locations, built-in altitude limits, and automatic return to the launch point if the drone loses connection to the controller or reaches critically low battery levels.
A dedicated remote controller makes the Mavic Mini easy to operate and fly. It has a flight time of up to 30 minutes. A wifi transmission signal delivers stable control and an HD live feed with GPS receivers and downward visual sensors to detect the ground below, enabling precise hovering, stable flying and accurate landing.
Footage quality includes 2.7k video at 30 frames per second, 1080p at 60 frames per second, or 12-megapixel photographs using the 1/2.3-inch sensor. A three-axis motorised gimbal supports and stabilises the camera, ensuring the footage is smooth and cinematic.
The DJI Fly app makes it easy for pilots of all skill levels to pilot the Mavic Mini. Dedicated tutorials are available. Three modes are available for operating the drone. New pilots can fly in the basic Position (P) mode while more experienced users can use Sport (S) mode or CineSmooth (C) mode for more sophisticated-looking quality footage. There are also preprogrammed flight manoeuvres known as QuickShots which when selected, the Mavic Mini will automatically execute:
- Rocket – Mavic Mini flies straight up into the air with the camera pointing downward following your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Circle – Mavic Mini will circle around your subject at a constant altitude and distance.
- Dronie – Mavic Mini flies backward and upward, with the camera tracking your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
- Helix – Mavic Mini flies upward and away, spiraling around your subject. Set a height limit of 40, 60, 80, 100, or 120 feet.
Accessories available for the Mavic Mini include:
- 360° Propeller Guard: Provides a 360° guard around the propellers for added safety.
- Charging Base: Charge and display your Mavic Mini with this unique, illuminated station.
- Propeller Holder: Travel easier with the propeller holder that locks the props into place.
- DIY Creative Kit: Personalise your Mavic Mini with custom stickers or draw your own design.
- Snap Adapter: Attach a toy building brick or a mini LED display to write custom messages.
- Mini Travel Bag: A travel bag that fits your Mavic Mini and the remote controller perfectly.
- Two Way Charging Hub: Charge up to three Mavic Mini batteries or use the charging hub as a power bank.
Detailed information on these accessories can be found here: www.dji.com/mavic-mini
Mavic Mini will come in two purchase options. The standard package includes Mavic Mini, remote controller, one battery, extra propellers, and all necessary tools and cables for RM 1,599. The Mavic Mini Fly More Combo will include all of the components from the standard version with the addition of a 360° Propeller Cage, Two-Way charging Hub, two additional batteries, three sets of extra propellers, and a carrying case for RM 1,999.